Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Peace be to this website.  (Read 1077 times)

Watchman of Naphtali

• View Profile
Peace be to this website.
« on: November 05, 2023, 09:45:02 PM »
I pray that my peace may come upon this website as I post here.

If not, it will return to me.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
Re: Peace be to this website.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2023, 06:06:43 AM »
I have no idea what that means….

Do you believe that those here are lacking is peace?
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

Watchman of Naphtali

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2023, 04:07:12 PM »
I said it in obedience to the following.

Luk 10:5, And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house.
Luk 10:6, And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again.
Luk 10:10, But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say,
uk 10:11, Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
Luk 10:12, But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city.

Athanasius

• Administrator
  • A transitive property, contra mundum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2023, 07:08:00 PM »

Luk 10:5, And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house.
Luk 10:6, And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again.
Luk 10:10, But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say,
uk 10:11, Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
Luk 10:12, But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city.

Uh huh, so like, you're being all judgmental?
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

Watchman of Naphtali

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2023, 07:24:28 PM »

I actually wiped the dust off of my feet to another website that banned me.

But the Lord spoke to my heart and told me to forgive them, so that judgment will not fall upon them unless they persist in doing to other people what they did to me.

I really do pray that my peace will come upon you...that is a genuine prayer.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 07:30:46 PM by Watchman of Naphtali »

Athanasius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2023, 07:34:29 PM »

But the Lord spoke to my heart and told me to forgive them, so that judgment will not fall upon them unless they persist in doing to other people what they did to me.

Uhm, no it's not. You're straightforward to discern. And that's really a shame because it would be nice to have a few new faces around here. But you know.

You very intentionally put yourself into a position where you will be able to judge others. The peace that you pray for comes with strings attached. And we are not a city, by the way. Nor are you a 1st century Apostle.

Watchman of Naphtali

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2023, 07:39:30 PM »

Uhm, no it's not. You're straightforward to discern. And that's really a shame because it would be nice to have a few new faces around here. But you know.

You very intentionally put yourself into a position where you will be able to judge others. The peace that you pray for comes with strings attached. And we are not a city, by the way. Nor are you a 1st century Apostle.

So, are we to just discount those scriptures as being of antiquity and having no application for today's church.

There is a sense in which a Christian Message Board is a city.  It is composed of a group of people just as a city is.  And those people can reject what is being taught by a true preacher of the gospel; just as they were able to reject it in Jesus' day.

I have not really gotten around to preaching the gospel yet; except perhaps in the thread on "Can the law grant eternal life?".

Judge my gospel based on what I wrote in that thread.

Athanasius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2023, 07:41:51 PM »

So, are we to just discount those scriptures as being of antiquity and having no application for today's church.

There is a sense in which a Christian Message Board is a city.  It is composed of a group of people just as a city is.  And those people can reject what is being taught by a true preacher of the gospel; just as they were able to reject it in Jesus' day.

I have not really gotten around to preaching the gospel yet; except perhaps in the thread on "Can the law grant eternal life?".

By all means, apply them to a city.

Watchman of Naphtali

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2023, 07:45:30 PM »

By all means, apply them to a city.

I apply them to this Christian Message Board; as unpopular as that may be; and even inasmuch it may cause moderators here to become more inclined to ban me in the long run (because pride runs deep)...

It does not change the fact that if they do, it will be better for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for them; unless I do not retain their sin.

Athanasius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2023, 07:51:11 PM »
Oh okay. Well, I was going to leave it until the morning but you're now banned.

Walter and Debbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2024, 07:47:17 PM »
1-31-24

Hello, Nice to meet you.

Love Walter And Debbie

Recent Topics

Watcha doing? by tango
Today at 10:48:32 PM

Israel, Hamas, etc by tango
Today at 10:43:20 PM