Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Watcha doing?  (Read 6077 times)

Athanasius

• Administrator
  • A transitive property, contra mundum
    • View Profile
Re: Watcha doing?
« Reply #180 on: May 11, 2024, 03:03:48 PM »

Learning my youngest grandson chess. He has talent.

I mean, anyone playing h4 to threaten any impending castling!

(And a new set?)

New set indeed, and if you look well the king and queen are wrongly placed, I let him...

Ah! I couldn't quite tell
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 11, 2024, 07:03:34 PM »
The last time I thought seriously about chess was in The Chestnut Tree Cafe…

I expect the next time I think seriously about chess will be in The Chestnut Tree Cafe…
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 11:49:26 AM by RabbiKnife »
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

Athanasius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 12, 2024, 05:12:19 PM »
I'm willing to beat anyone here at chess on Chess.com or Lichess, except ProDeo, who I'd expect is quite strong.

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 12, 2024, 05:35:18 PM »
Not any longer, doing computer chess programming is bad for your elo, you start to play like a computer while you are not  :)

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 12, 2024, 05:38:35 PM »

Learning my youngest grandson chess. He has talent.

Good for you.  But grammar lesson.  You don't "learn your grandson"  you TEACH your grandson.  He learns.

Yes Sir !

tango

• Well that didn't go as planned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 13, 2024, 10:48:32 PM »
Fun With Floors.

I got a bunch of the stuff I've been pulling down cleaned up, and another sack of trash out ready to be taken away. I've got the next sack of trash slowly filling up, and it's surprisingly heavy given the size of what's in there. Sucking up plaster dust and the general detritus that results from pulling down walls does end up being very heavy. My separator has saved me another couple of HEPA bags in this section of work alone.

Next up was cutting some wood to screw to the joists where I'm replacing flooring. Because I'm putting a section in perpendicular to the floorboards so the join is less obvious, I need to add some support in the space below so I don't have cut ends unsupported by anything. So far I've added some support in the place I could access it easy from above, and tomorrow I get to haul stuff downstairs to screw things into place from below. Then I can press on with laying the new floor, finishing framing the walls and then I can fit the last couple of electrical back boxes and run cables, and then get busy ripping through my remaining insulation panels to finish the thermal insulation in the room. Then comes the sound insulation, which I hope won't be too much trouble.

Athanasius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: Today at 07:37:31 AM »
Day trip to London. Now a day to recover from the migraine.

tango

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: Today at 10:40:07 AM »
I got a couple of sections of floor support installed. It was a fiddly process, I needed my wife to be in the room helping me adjust some wood blocks into position and then press on a board to stop them rising too high while I screwed them in, then stand on a slightly loose board end to give me a reference for the full-width support. But it's there and ready to roll.

Before I started figuring the next step I figured a cleanup of the work space was in order, so got rid of another sack of trash and ripped out some more disconnected knob and tube wiring. I hope I can fit all my scrap metal into the car at the same time when I finally take it all in to the recycling merchant. I've got a growing pile of copper cable, a bunch of aluminum scraps, a big bag of crushed cans, a fair amount of copper pipe, and a big pile of cast iron pipe. I'm suspecting the cast iron pipe is more or less worthless, so it's quite possible I'll just give that to the local thrift shop so they can get whatever value they can from it. That would also save me having to haul lots of heavy things with sharp edges in my car - they can go in the back of the thrift shop's pickup instead.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: Today at 11:22:47 AM »
I can't wait to see the photos of either when you finish the house or it finishes you.

Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

Cloudwalker

• The one and only, genuine, original Cloudwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: Today at 12:59:51 PM »
Waiting in the lobby for my 3rd doctor appointment of the day.  I had a telephone appointment with my Primary Care provider's office this morning.  Followed by a dental appointment (a fitting for my new dentures.  Next appointment I get them.)  And now I'm waiting to see my new GI doctor.  The first and last of these were prompted by a trip to the emergency room on Monday.  Nothing too serious, but uncomfortable.  I got something stuck in my throat.  It was below the windpipe.  So I could breathe.  I just couldn't swallow.  I suspect I'll have to have another EGD (esophageal gastric dilation.)  If I do it will be my 11th, though the last one was in 2019.  Still, a pain in the neck, literally.
May God bless you as you seek to do God's will

tango

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: Today at 01:22:27 PM »
I can't wait to see the photos of either when you finish the house or it finishes you.

Right now the latter seems more likely, in which case getting pictures could be tricky. If it should be the former I'll see what I can do.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: Today at 02:09:33 PM »
Waiting in the lobby for my 3rd doctor appointment of the day.  I had a telephone appointment with my Primary Care provider's office this morning.  Followed by a dental appointment (a fitting for my new dentures.  Next appointment I get them.)  And now I'm waiting to see my new GI doctor.  The first and last of these were prompted by a trip to the emergency room on Monday.  Nothing too serious, but uncomfortable.  I got something stuck in my throat.  It was below the windpipe.  So I could breathe.  I just couldn't swallow.  I suspect I'll have to have another EGD (esophageal gastric dilation.)  If I do it will be my 11th, though the last one was in 2019.  Still, a pain in the neck, literally.

Ugh........

Recent Topics

Watcha doing? by RabbiKnife
Today at 02:09:33 PM

Israel, Hamas, etc by Fenris
Today at 11:37:05 AM

The New Political Ethos by IMINXTC
May 07, 2024, 09:28:45 PM

Lemme see if I have this right by RabbiKnife
May 06, 2024, 02:55:48 PM

Who's Watching? by Fenris
May 05, 2024, 02:58:55 PM

who is this man? by Fenris