Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: I got saved  (Read 771 times)

Billy Evmur

• View Profile
I got saved
« on: September 03, 2023, 09:24:00 AM »
Back in the 70s I was a department manager in one of Britain's largest supermarkets. Pay was good but it was hard work and long hours, I would come home just about bushed.

One day on the way home I picked up a magazine off the pavement, it's banner read God loves YOU, He wants to bless YOU. I thought that sounds nice, I'll have some of that.
It was colourful, packed with photos. It was packed with stories about miracles, well I didn't believe any of that but it was American so I made allowances for that and I could see the preacher [T. L. Osborn] was preaching to many 1, 000s of people, mebbe he just got a little carried away. But he had an honest face, Daisy his wife had an honest face. And I sure did like their sermon articles, "Christ IN YOU the hope of glory". So I ticked the box for more copies.

The magazine was shipped from America bimonthly which meant it could arrive any time between 6 and 10 weeks, but I always KNEW traveling home from work that it had arrived that day for sure ... and it always had.
I had bought a bible to check out the numerous scripture quotes and when it arrived it was always the same. I disengage the phone and lock the door and settle down to read it cover to cover. Mostly campaign reports and sermon extracts.

One beautiful day I read the 2 page testimony of Juan Santos of Poncé Peurto Rico. He had been a hopeless cripple for 16 years, a poor beggar man but he heard about the gospel campaign being conducted in his city and heard about the miracles so he begged to be carried to the meetings. He was placed far down the field, back to back with a blind woman propping each other up.

Now the woman got healed and she jumped up screaming because she could see, poor Juan Santos flopped onto his back, he struggled desperately to get up onto his elbows but kept flopping back helpless. A local policeman who knew Juan saw what was happening and came and grabbed Juan by the shoulders and hauled him to his feet saying "the Lord is healing you now brother Juan, only believe" And Juan's legs went straight, he stood for the first time for 16 years. He said "I felt like I was 10 feet tall, swaying in the breeze"

The my eyes fell upon a scripture I had seen many times but didn't understand "Jesus Christ is the SAME, yesterday and today and forever" there was an inaudible alarm going off inside me, this is true, then the others are true also. I understood the scripture. Jesus is not a religion, He's a person. Then my eyes fell upon a prayer I never seen before though it is there in all the magazines.

I kneeled and asked Jesus into my heart and I got gloriously saved. I made so much noise my neighbour came running afraid something was happening. Hallelujah.

I didn't intend for it to be all bolded, sorry folks. ... always have a problem with this particular format.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 09:26:09 AM by Billy Evmur »

Cloudwalker

• The one and only, genuine, original Cloudwalker
    • View Profile
Re: I got saved
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2023, 01:05:47 PM »
People who have never seen a miracle have a hard time believing they can happen today.  They can.  They have.  And I've seen some.
May God bless you as you seek to do God's will

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2023, 01:41:11 PM »
And some refuse to believe even if they see a miracle

Miracles don’t save

Faith and faith alone saves
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

Billy Evmur

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2023, 01:40:58 PM »
some people get extremely angry about miracles. Miracles are a demonstration of God's spoken word. God is a MIRACLE God and He wants for us to acknowledge it. There is no doubt in my mind [after 45 years of being happily saved that God held back saving knowledge from me until I believed. Believed what? "Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday and today and forever."

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2023, 06:18:49 AM »
No one is angry about miracles.

What we are is adamant about the truth of the Gospel, which is, miracles do not save anyone.

We are saved by grace through faith.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.

Experience is a terrible interpreter of Scripture.
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

Slug1

• Retired Grunt - Still serving Jesus Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2023, 10:52:34 AM »
some people get extremely angry about miracles. Miracles are a demonstration of God's spoken word. God is a MIRACLE God and He wants for us to acknowledge it. There is no doubt in my mind [after 45 years of being happily saved that God held back saving knowledge from me until I believed. Believed what? "Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday and today and forever."

Based on my personal experience, I see more and more people chasing after signs/wonders and their anger is that God isn't performing in miraculous ways for them.

With that said, I've also experienced and/or witnessed God's miraculous moves (mainly healings) in answer to prayer/laying on of hands over the years also. None of these experiences have produced anger in the minds/hearts of those present.
--Slug1-out

~In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper which is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help.~

Slug1

• Retired Grunt - Still serving Jesus Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2023, 10:56:06 AM »
Experience is a terrible interpreter of Scripture.

Terrible interpreter, sure but experience can be a worthy verification of God's Word. Without experience not one believer would have a testimony to give to the lost or their brethren.
--Slug1-out

~In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper which is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help.~

Recent Topics

Watcha doing? by tango
Yesterday at 10:48:32 PM

Israel, Hamas, etc by tango
Yesterday at 10:43:20 PM

The New Political Ethos by IMINXTC
May 07, 2024, 09:28:45 PM

Lemme see if I have this right by RabbiKnife
May 06, 2024, 02:55:48 PM

Who's Watching? by Fenris
May 05, 2024, 02:58:55 PM

who is this man? by Fenris